Mental Health and Wellness Week: October 4-8

Patricia Munsch, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs

The office of Mental Health & Wellness Services (MHWS) recognizes the strength in our SUNY Suffolk community and acknowledges the impact of the last 18 months on mental and emotional well-being.

We are pleased to announce that Mental Health and Wellness Week is coming October 4-8. The week will be packed with a wide range of programs aimed at supporting the mental health and wellness of our SUNY Suffolk students. Program details are available here, or they can be viewed by following MHWS on Instagram @scccmentalhealth.

As faculty and staff, we see that you are on the front lines trying to support our struggling students. We would like to remind you that the MHWS team is available to consult with you regarding any student concerns, offer mental health and wellness programming in your classes, and provide individual counseling and other mental health services for our SUNY Suffolk students. We have also attached the Campus Care Guide, which provides information and tips on how to recognize, respond to, and refer students in emotional distress.

The team can be reached by emailing [email protected], or you can visit our website for campus specific contacts, our schedule of events, and other mental health related resources.