Compass News

Navigating News on the Ammerman Campus Since 1962

Compass News

Compass News

A Moment In Time
A Moment In Time
April 4, 2024

Taylor Swift, The Era’s Tour Movie Review

(Giselle Castro/Compass News)

Taylor Swift’s The Eras tour movie premiered on Friday, Oct. 13th, and as a proud Swiftie, it was one of the best nights I’ve had. Swift brought people of all ages together to sing and dance in many theaters across America, which brought excitement to her devoted supporters. 

The Eras Tour was one of the most popular concert tours this year along with Beyonce’s “Renaissance Tour”. The 33-year-old pop star has done a spectacular show in twenty different US cities and has made over $4.1 Billion including sales from the movie, surpassing Justin Bieber’s “Never Say Never Tour” which earned $73 Million.

Swift has recently announced a slate of new tour dates in the US that will begin in October 2024, and will kick off the international leg of her tour in a few weeks, starting on Nov. 9. 

The pop star announced the showing of “The Eras Tour” movie in late August on her social media platforms and encouraged her supporters to treat the movie like a concert. 

Movie theater franchise AMC put out a statement on their website supporting similar activities encouraged by Swift stating, “We encourage dancing and singing throughout this concert film event…”  

And like many other fans, fellow moviegoers were just as excited to get the concert-like experience on the big screen. 

“It felt like I was watching the concert in person,” said Mekayla Manwaring, a fellow Swiftie. “It was such a fun experience.”

(Giselle Castro/Compass News)

“It was so cool seeing things I missed from the concert,” said Dejia Solomon, another fellow Swiftie. 

My experience going to the movie theater was filled with anxiety since I didn’t know if I would feel comfortable dancing or singing in a screening room. As I walked in and saw many girls dressed in their eras tour outfits, I felt this instant connection of home and comfort. Many teenagers were dancing and singing their hearts out. I noticed that love for Taylor Swift brought in new friendships because everyone left with at least one of Swift’s iconic friendship bracelets; I brought home five.  

It was a truly magical night that I will never forget. I was amazed by the energy of the teenagers and the power of Swift’s music. It was a moment that I will always cherish.