Men’s basketball beats Manhattan

The Sharks won their fifth game of the season

Daniela Weihskopf, Contributor

Another victory for the men’s basketball team against Manhattan on Feb. 5. From the first half, the Sharks chased down Borough of Manhattan Community College and beat them with a score of 79-64, their fifth win of this spring season. 

“BMCC was another team that created more of a hunger for us to improve as a team, from both an offensive and defensive standpoint. The victory was swell,” said freshman guard, Jaylin Williamson. “I believe the entire team pulled their weight on winning against BMCC.” 

Julius Goddard, sophomore forward, paced the sharks with 24 points, eight rebounds, and four assists. Guard A.J. Knight Jr. added 16 points and four rebounds along with four assists. Forward Gaetham Fils-Aime tallied 15 points and five rebounds. 

The game was played insight of a very energetic crowd along with the outstanding performances of the college’s cheer team at the Brookhaven Gymnasium. With Saturday’s victory, the team’s season record improved to 15-2. 

The men’s basketball team will be playing again at home on Feb. 15 against Dutchess Community College at 7 p.m.  

“For every upcoming game, we mentally lock in ongoing at the opposing team with as much energy as possible,” Jaylin Williamson said.

The Sharks lost by two points, 63-65, the last time they faced Dutchess on Feb. 10.