Get To Know The Student Office Candidates for SGA Elections

Sharon Silverstein, Director Campus Activities and Student Leadership Development

The upcoming college-wide SGA elections as well as  the Student Trustee election are coming!. Beginning Monday, April 18th at 12:01am and ending Thursday, April 21st at 11:59pm, students will be able to vote for the candidates. Elections are on-line, the link of which will be found on the MYSCC Student Portal. While all the candidates are listed on one-slate, students will be able to vote for the candidates on their respective campus. All students, regardless of campus will be able to vote for Student Trustee.

Below are the Ammerman Campus candidates and a statement from each:

Zachary Frost: Candidate For SCCC Student Trustee

“I am the current Student Trustee and I am looking forward to serving for an additional year. This will be a great
opportunity to spend more time on future projects and projects that are currently underway. Serving for two years
in a row will be a unique opportunity for myself and fellow students to enable myself and the SGA’s to better serve
the students and our 3 campuses.”

Jose Riquelme-Cadogan: Candidate For Ammerman Campus, SGA, President

“I am Jose Riquelme-Cadogan, currently the Student Government Association Vice-President. I am passionate about
serving my community, music, and design. My experiences in SGA has taught me a lot through the past 2 semesters.
I believe that having served as both Secretary and Vice President allowed me to have insight into the workings of a
Student Government that will help me better serve as president. I am very dedicated to Suffolk and would love to
see the college community thrive.”

Megan McGee: Candidate For Ammerman Campus, SGA, Vice President

“Hello, For those of you who do not know me I am Megan McGee. I am in my second semester at Suffolk right now. I have enjoyed meeting new people and pursuing my major these past few months and I am looking forward to my next few semesters here at Suffolk. I believe it is important to have a strong student body and it’s important for students to speak up for what we need and want within our college campuses. I promise if I am elected as VP to listen to what students are asking for and get the point across to administrators. Thank you for your time.”

Don’t forget to vote from Monday, April 18th at 12:01am and ending Thursday, April 21st at 11:59pm through the MYSCC Student Portal.