A New Journalism Major Reflects on her Time at SCCC

Gianna Postiglione, Sports Writer

Upon my enrollment at Suffolk, I was set on studying forensic science in the future. Forensic science was something that I’ve wanted to pursue since my junior year of high school. Sports reporting and writing was something that I wanted to do but I never thought it would be possible. Thanks to the help of my friends and family, this semester I decided to take the leap and change my major to journalism.

I was very nervous when enrolling in journalism courses because I didn’t know what to expect. Upon joining these classes I was greeted with many friendly faces who have done nothing but help me throughout this journey.

Despite being apprehensive about joining any club, I decided to get involved and start writing for Compass News. Joining Compass was one of the best decisions I could’ve made at Suffolk. It has given me the opportunity to pursue my passion and enhance my writing skills.

Joining Compass News has not only encouraged me because I realized that writing about sports is something that I love doing, but it also excites me for the future. Like my fellow sports writers, I will also be attending Hofstra University in the fall semester.

Although my time with Compass News was short, I could not be more grateful for the experiences that I have had. It provided me with lessons and memories that I will never forget. Thanks to Suffolk and Compass News I could not be more excited to further my journalism career.